AB Kurumları Freelance Sözlü Çevirmen Akreditasyon Sınavı
ACCREDITATION TEST FOR FREE-LANCE CONFERENCE INTERPRETERS
The European Institutions are organising an accreditation test for free-lance conference interpreters for the Turkish language in Brussels, from 29th May to 1st June, 2017. To be eligible for the test, you must:
• have completed a recognised four-year full-time undergraduate course in conference interpreting and obtained the relevant diploma or
• hold a recognised Master’s degree in conference interpreting or
• hold a recognised university degree in any subject awarded after 3 years of full-time undergraduate study and either - you have at least one year’s professional experience as a conference interpreter, acquired after award of the university degree, and can provide clear documentary evidence of the total number of days worked or - you have successfully completed at least one academic year of full-time postgraduate conference interpreting training (other than a Master’s degree), for which you are able to submit a certificate or other documentary proof. Experience as a court interpreter, liaison interpreter or company interpreter cannot be taken into account.
• Be able to interpret in both consecutive and simultaneous from and into Turkish from one of the following languages: English, French, German, Italian or Spanish or
• Be able to interpret in both consecutive and simultaneous into Turkish from one of the following languages: English, French, German, Italian or Spanish and from one of the official languages of the EU.
Additional active or passive languages will be considered an asset. For languages not covered by a diploma some evidence of how the language knowledge was acquired should be submitted (such as certificates or a personal statement). The deadline for submitting your on-line application and for uploading the supporting documentation is the 06th February 2017. All applications will be examined by a selection committee to check whether all selection criteria are met. Selected candidates will be informed in due time. If you think you are eligible for the test, please refer for further details and the relative application form to the following webpage: http://europa.eu/interpretation/accreditation_en.htm .